Understanding these concepts will help you succeed at UIW.
1. How do I find books on my topic?
2. How does a magazine differ from a journal?
3. What does "peer-reviewed" mean?
4. How are peer-reviewed articles structured?
5. What is a database?
6. How do I find articles on my topic?
7. How do I select keywords when I use a database?
8. What are the differences between primary and secondary sources?
9. Quoting directly or paraphrasing - what are the differences?
10. How do I cite in MLA style?
11. How do I locate articles with audio files?
Access to many UIW Libraries electronic resources is limited to current UIW users. When searching our resources from off-campus, you may be asked to log in:
If you can log in to your e-mail or Canvas but cannot access library electronic resources, please contact the UIW Libraries Reference Desk: 210-829-3835, chat, or firstname.lastname@example.org.