Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Each group of 4-6 students will choose a topic from this list or discuss and have another topic approved by the course coordinators.
Available topics to choose from include:
- Medicare Part D and Patient Care
- Immunizations in an Atmosphere of the Anti-Vaccination Movement
- Pharmacist Prescriptive Authority for Hormonal Contraceptives
- The Right of the Pharmacist to Refuse Care to a Patient
- Community Health Clinics in Pharmacies
- The Pharmacist's Role in Public Health Services
- Other-Convince Your Course Coordinators
The topic discussions must include information from at least 3 peer-reviewed resources. Additional information is included on the Using Professional Literature tab.
- UIW students, faculty, and staff have access to ALL electronic resources from off-campus.
- When accessing materials via the UIW Libraries' site, you will be prompted to verify that you are a current UIW student, faculty, or staff member by signing in with your UIW username and password:
- After signing in, you will have access to all UIW-only resources and other online content until your Web browser session is ended.
- UIW Libraries online resources may be accessed after signing in to an on-campus computer or device connected to the UIW network without additional user verification.|
To get help, please contact the UIW Libraries Reference Desk at 210-829-3835, via Library Chat, by text to 210-526-0776, or by email to email@example.com.
While the resources listed here can get your research started, you should use additional relevant resources that you find, And just a reminder: suggested resources may be relevant for more than one topic, so scan the list.
Note that your assignment does require the use of peer-reviewed resources. The tab "Using Professional Literature as a Resource" offers more complete information for you.
Pharmacy and the US Health Care System Pharmacy and the US Health Care System equips pharmacists for independent practice in today's unpredictable health care environment. This fourth edition offers a complete source of current information about the features of the US health care system including the personnel and institutions, as well as concise reports on trends, regulations, policy and finances. Written and edited by a well-respected team of experts, this new edition has been fully revised and updated and now features new chapters including: patient safety and pharmacovigilance; professionalism and ethics. The inclusion of case studies, sample test questions and learning objectives makes this an invaluable tool for students. Whether it is a course offering an introduction to the health care environment, or about managing and finance in the US health care delivery system, this is an essential textbook. It is also a helpful reference for practicing pharmacists and pharmacy organizations and societies.
Call Number: ebook
Publication Date: 2013