This database contains the full text of the newspaper from September 18, 1851 through December 31, 2018. Using a date limiter is the most effective means of searching this full-text database.
1. At the library’s home page, click the Databases & Journals tab in the NestSearch box.
2. Click the Databases List box.
3. Click the N in the alphabet toolbar.
4. Click the New York Times - Historical link.
5. The Advanced search screen appears:
6. To retrieve a newspaper for a particular date (perhaps April 16, 1912): in the Publication date area, use the down arrow to the right to view a list of options. Select On this date; fill in the month, date and year boxes; in the More search options area place a check mark in the Front page article box. Click Search.
7. The database retrieves six items. Click the Full text - PDF link to view an article.
8. A PDF of the article appears. To see the article in context as it appeared in that issue of The New York Times, click the Page view - PDF tab.
9. On the left is a Go button that allows you to read all 24 pages of the April 16, 1912 edition of the newspaper.