Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Find Materials at Other Libraries
You may find yourself needing a book or journal article that we do not have readily available to you. In these cases, you have options.
- Order journal articles and books using our interlibrary loan (ILLiad) system. Once you submit a request, we will find a library that has the item. When it arrives, we will send you an email. Journal articles arrive electronically, usually in a few days. Books must be picked up at Mabee Library.
You may visit other libraries such as UTSA or UT Health San Antonio to use their databases and materials on-site. Be sure to call the library in advance to ask about guest access.
You may obtain a TexShare card from your Distance Learning Librarian or the Reference Desk and use it to check out books from other libraries in Texas. To find which libraries have a particular item, use WorldCat.
- UIW students, faculty, and staff have access to ALL electronic resources from off-campus.
- When accessing materials via the UIW Libraries' site, you will be prompted to verify that you are a current UIW student, faculty, or staff member by signing in with your UIW username and password:
- After signing in, you will have access to all UIW-only resources and other online content until your Web browser session is ended.
- UIW Libraries online resources may be accessed after signing in to an on-campus computer or device connected to the UIW network without additional user verification.|
To get help, please contact the UIW Libraries Reference Desk at 210-829-3835, via Library Chat, by text to 210-526-0776, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.