Use the Books + tab in the Search Collections box on the library's web page to see what books and audiovisual materials the library owns. You can search using key words but a better option might be Subject Browse if you are interested in a particular topic. Some subject terms to consider:
The book catalog includes a browse feature. Follow these steps to access it.
When you find a title that interests you, click the title link for the book.
The complete record for the book appears. Scroll to the bottom of the screen.
The Virtual Browse feature allows you to see your book (in the middle of the section) and the books that lie on either side of it. Use the forward and back arrows to view additional items.
Students can request books be pulled from the shelf and placed on the hold shelf. This is done through the account feature of the book catalog. Each request generates an immediate "to do" notice for our circulation supervisors. Requests are filled within 24 hours (usually more quickly) during the library's hours of operation.
1. When you have identified books you want pulled and placed on hold, log into the system using the Sign In link at the top right.
2. Sign in using the user name and password used for your e-mail.
3. Click the title link of the book you want placed on the hold shelf.
4. Click the blue Request link in the REQUEST OPTIONS area.
5. Select your Pickup Location and select a date for Not Needed After ; click REQUEST.
Your request(s) will enter the work queue of the circulation staff.