Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Services and Courtesies for Other Patrons
The Geneva R. Johnson Library is a circulating library which includes books, DVD's, and course reserve items.
- Books can be checked out for 7 days, with up to 3 renewals allowed.
- Up to 25 items can be checked out at one time.
- Course Reserve materials can be checked out for 2 hours.
- The groups of students are given priority use of the Group Study Room.
- Please be courteous of others and keep conversations at a moderate level.
- Please take phone calls outside.
- Small snacks and drinks with lids are allowed. Please no greasy foods and dispose of trash properly.
- Please return materials to cart located by the Reference Desk; do not reshelf the items.
- Library staff are not responsible for personal items left unattended.
The Library Impact Statement is an important part of the process for the development of all new curricular programs or substantive changes to programs.
Library Catalog Search
This search allows you to quickly find an article or book from the library catalog as well as from databases but it is not a targeted search. If you want to narrow the search to a specific format such as a print book or an article, use the filters on the left side of the result page.
Worldcat This link opens in a new window
Denizens of the Library
Physical Therapy Librarian
• Jesse Rios
Health Professions Technology Support Specialist
Contact Physical Therapy Librarian
Contact UIW Libraries
UIW Physical Therapy Library Circulation Desk:
(210) 283 - 6926
UIW Mabee Library on the main campus.
Reference Desk: (210) 829-3835
Circulation Desk (210) 829-3836
UIW Library Chat
Library Consultation Appt. Form
Please use the linked form to make an appointment with your health professions librarian. If your discipline liaison librarian is not available, you may request an online meeting with another of these health professions librarians.
- Rebecca Dillen - Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Athletic Training
- Dr. Dede Rios - Optometry
- Yumi Yaguchi/ Dawn Field - Osteopathic Medicine, Biomedical Sciences
- Linda Levy - Pharmacy
- Dell Davis - Director of Public Service, Biology, Kinesiology, Medicine, Nursing, Nuclear Medicine Technology, Nutrition
Founded in August 2012, Geneva R. Johnson Library, located in the Saidoff Center, acts as a scholarly information commons -- a space that serves as a research and communication center for the faculty, staff, and students attending the the University of the Incarnate Word's School of Physical Therapy.
UIW Libraries Mission
The UIW Libraries actively participate in the life of the university with a focus on developing partnerships and services in support of teaching, learning, and scholarship. Through the use of co-curricular instructional methodologies, innovative approaches in support of scholarship and research, the use of technologies that enhance discovery and knowledge dissemination, as well as providing access to appropriate resources and a knowledgeable staff, UIW Libraries help to advance intellectual and lifelong learning of students, faculty, and staff. The programs, services, and collections of the UIW Libraries reflect differing points of view, various cultures, and a global perspective. UIW Libraries, in all their activities, encompass the Catholic social teaching and social justice issues espoused by the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word and the University of the Incarnate Word Mission.